Roberts & Smith

The firm can trace its roots back to 1890 when Robert Baldwin set up a solicitors practice in Nelson, Lancashire. Eight years later Frank Roberts established his practice in the town and in 1932 the two firms merged to become Frank Roberts, Sons and Baldwin. The firm moved from Russell Street to its current premises at 20 Carr Road in Nelson in 1962, and in 1973 the firm's name was changed to Roberts and Smith.

The partners in the firm, David Naylor and Allan Barrowclough, have each been with the firm for over 30 years and they are supported by a team of loyal staff, most of whom have also been with the practice for many years. The firm has always been a 'private client' practice dealing mainly with Conveyancing, wills, Landlord and tenant matters, immigration cases, powers of attorney, dealing with the affairs of elderly clients, and helping clients with probate and other issues following a death in the family.